Wednesday, January 16, 2013

3 Nuts in In a Straitjacket

In the box today I have another wrap.  I've found wraps highly versatile and loaded with possibilities.  This little creation I'm calling 3 nuts in a Straitjacket.  I incorporate plenty of nuts into my diet and for good reason.  They're action packed with good for you components such as Vitamin E for heart health, dietary fiber for weight management and diabetes control, selenium to prostate health, and plant sterols to lower cholesterol.

Usually, I'll have at least one serving of nuts in the form of almonds, walnuts or pecans.  Just a handful is all that's needed.

Today though, I loaded up. 

Here's what I'm working with.


The nuts in question.

Plain almonds chopped
Roasted & Salted Sunflower nuts
Skippy Peanut Butter

I also use a La Tortilla Company Smart and Delicious wrap, some raisins, banana, and I swapped the avocado shown here with a granny smith apple.  I figured I wanted more sweet and the fat was already adding up.

 


 
 
 
 
 
I chopped my own almonds this morning.
And also caught the wrath of my wife for waking the baby.
 
 
 
 
Before I left for work I spread the peanut butter over the tortilla and sprinkled the sunflower nut and almonds.
 
At work, I sliced up the apple and banana, and presto, lunch is served.
 


This bad boy here is estimated to yield:
 
800 calories
40g fat (33% of my recommended intake)
105g carbohydrate
27g fiber (55% recommended intake)
25g protein
 
A lesson on fat: the recommended amount of fat intake per day for healthy individuals is 25-35% of total calories.  In my case my estimated calorie needs is 3768 (more on that calculation later).  This meal contained 45% calories from fat.  All from plant sources. 
 
Being this percentage was so high I should monitor fat in the evening and at snacks.  
 
But darn if that wasn't tasty!
 
“Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork.” ~ English Proverb

 
 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment